Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Big Things Happening

Big things are on the horizon for yours truly.  If you've known me for a while, you know that football season is the busiest season of the year for me.  I've challenged myself to put myself out there more from now until the end of the year.  That's not an ego thing, that's a career goal thing.  This time of year reignites the fire I had 22 years ago when I started in radio.  It's a fire I wish I had year around, but on-air jobs are few and far between and that's why I take what I can get, when I can get it. With that said, here is what I am doing the next few months at least.

1. First and foremost is the biggest thing.  I am entering my ninth season as co-host of the AIA365.com Friday Night Wrap-Up Show.  We start next Friday, August 30th on AM 860, heard valleywide.  I'll have online info on Twitter and Facebook when I know for sure if you can listen online.  It will be myself and cohost Curt Blakeney for another season.  We always have fun, some surprises and you never know when an upset will happen, especially this season.  Our show will be on every Friday night from 9:30-11:30, once again on AM 860.

2,  This I am pretty excited about. This is the first year I will be a part of the Tackle The Trib high school football pick em contest as a VIP. Trust me, the whole VIP thing isn't going to my head and never will.  But, it's a group comprised of myself, East Valley Tribune writers, ABC 15's Craig Fouhey and a cast of characters from AIA365.com including PBP and Saturday radio show co-host Jim Grieshaber, who I plan to crush.  Just kidding Jimmy...sort of.  So look for my picks each week, Thursday, I think, in the East Valley Tribune or at Varsity.evtrib.com 

3. This last one may be the most difficult.  I've decided to start a weekly podcast.  Of course it will be sports related, but putting all my thoughts on paper and how I want to go about it will take some time.  It's something I've always wanted to do, I just have to sit down and plan it out.  It will encompass all I do during the week, my thoughts and maybe occasional guests if the thing takes off.  The possibilities are endless in my mind, I just have to get it started.  Once I do, the rest is easy.

So, there's my immediate future.  Either find me on radio on Friday nights, my picks in the Trib on Thursday or coming soon to a website near you, the podcast.  Lots of stuff on the table, but it's time to give this thing a serious run.  Hope you enjoy all of my endeavors and I appreciate the love and support I've received along the way.

Dave

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Big things ARE happening! You are doing what you have always loved to do. Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete